News & Info
TOP 10 BOOKS
Rebels in Groups
Dissent, Deviance, Difference and Defiance
Availability: We are unable to supply this item.
Our Price: £85.50
, Save £4.50
0 customer(s) reviewed this product
- Book Details
With contributions from leading scholars in the field, Rebels in Groups brings together the latest research which, contrary to traditional views, considers dissent, deviance, difference and defiance to be a normal and healthy aspect of group life.
With contributions from leading scholars in the field, Rebels in Groups brings together the latest research which, contrary to traditional views, considers dissent, deviance, difference and defiance to be a normal and healthy aspect of group life. Brings together the latest research on the role of dissent, deviance, difference and defiance within groups Presents a new approach which considers dissent, deviance, difference and defiance to be a normal and healthy aspect of group life Examines a broad range of groups, such as political groups, task groups, and teams in organizations Considers diverse fields of psychology, including social, organizational, and developmental psychology Contributors are among the leading scholars in their areas of psychology
|Publisher||Wiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)|
|Published in||United Kingdom|
About the Editors. About the Contributors. 1. The Many Faces of Rebels
(Jolanda Jetten &
Matthew J. Hornsey ).
Section I Dissent in Groups:
2. Rogues and Heroes: Finding Value in Dissent
(Charlan Nemeth &
Jack A. Goncalo).
3. Learning from Conflict
Celine Darnon, &
4. From a Current State to a Desired Future: How Compositional Changes Affect Dissent and Motivation in Work Groups
(Floor Rink &
5. Minority Influence in Interacting Groups: The Impact of Newcomers
(John M. Levine &
Section II Deviance in Groups:
6. Questions about leopards and spots: Evaluating deviance against a backdrop of threats to collective success
(Thomas A. Morton).
7. Debating deviance: Responding to Those who Fall from Grace
(Jolanda Jetten, Aarti Iyer, Paul Hutchison, &
Matthew J. Hornsey).
8. Children's Understanding of Deviance and Group Dynamics: The Development of Subjective Group Dynamics
(Dominic Abrams &
Impostors Within Groups: The Psychology of Claiming to be Something You Are Not
(Matthew J. Hornsey &
Section III Difference in Groups:
Groups in Transition: Differences in the Context of Social Change
(Radmila Prislin, Cory Davenport, &
11. The Independence Paradox
(Jessica Salvatore &
12. Explaining Differences in Opinion Expressions: Direction Matters
(Kimberly Rios Morrison &
Dale T. Miller).
13. Innovation Credit: When and Why do Group Members Give their Leaders License to Deviate from Group Norms?
(Georgina Randsley de Moura, Dominic Abrams, Jose M. Marques, &
Section IV Defiance in Groups:
14. Reactions to Defiant Deviants: Deliverance or Defensiveness?
Benoit Monin &
Kieran O'Connor ). 15. The Dissenter's Dilemma, and a Social Identity Solution
(Dominic J. Packer).
16. Integrating Models of Whistle-blowing and Wrongdoing: A Proposal for a New Research Agenda
(Janet P. Near &
Marcia P. Miceli).
17. Beyond Conformity: Revisiting Classic Studies and Exploring the Dynamics of Resistance
(S. Alexander Haslam &
Stephen D. Reicher).