News & Info
Biophysico-Chemical Processes of Anthropogenic Organic Compounds in Environmental Systems
Our Price: £183.00
, Save £0.00
0 customer(s) reviewed this product
- Book Details
* Aids readers in understanding the outcome of important organic environmental pollutants in the environment * Cover the state-of-the-art analytical techniques used to detect AOCs, such as NMR, FTIR absorption spectroscopies, and biosensors * AOCs range from gasoline components (e.g.
In order to fully understand the biophysico-chemical interactions and processes of AOCs in the environment, it is critical to know chemical, physical and biological properties of AOCs and their analytical techniques. The book is unique because of its multidisciplinary approach as it provides a comprehensive and integrated coverage of biophysico-chemical reactions and processes of AOCs in various environments, associated analytical techniques, and restoration of natural environments contaminated by AOCs.
|Published in||United States|
PART I FUNDAMENTAL BIOPHYSICO-CHEMICAL PROCESSES OF ANTHROPOGENIC ORGANIC COMPOUNDS IN THE ENVIRONMENT.
1 Interactions of Anthropogenic Organic Chemicals with Natural Organic Matter and Black Carbon in Environmental Particles (Joseph J. Pignatello).
2 Comprehensive Study of Organic Contaminant Adsorption by Clays: Methodologies, Mechanisms and Environmental Implications (Stephen A. Boyd, Cliff T. Johnston, David A. Laird, B. J. Teppen and Hui Li).
3 The Role of Organic Matter-Mineral Interactions in the Sorption of Organic Contaminants (Myrna J. Simpson and Andre J. Simpson).
4 Photocatalytic Degradation of Organic Contaminants on Mineral Surfaces (Chuncheng Chen, Zhaohui Wang, Wanhong Ma, Hongwei Ji and Jincai Zhao).
PART II ANTHROPOGENIC ORGANIC COMPOUNDS IN AIR, WATER, AND SOIL, AND THEIR GLOBAL CYCLING.
5 Sorption of Anthropogenic Organic Compounds to Airborne Particles (Hans Peter H. Arp and Kai
6 Measurement and Modeling of Semivolatile Organic Compounds in Local Atmospheres (Songyan Du and Lisa A. Rodenburg).
7 Pharmaceuticals and Personal Care Products in Soils and Sediments (Bo Pan and Baoshan Xing).
8 Fate and Transport of Organic Compounds in (to) the Subsurface Environment (Peter Grathwohl).
9 Pharmaceuticals and Endocrine Disrupting Compounds in Drinking Water (Daniel W. Gerrity, Mark J. Benotti, David A. Reckhow and Shane A. Snyder).
10 Intermedia Transfers and Global Cycling of Persistent Organic Pollutants (Claudia Moeckel and Kevin C. Jones).
11 Emission of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons in China (Shu Tao, Bengang G. Li, Yanxu X. Zhang and Huishi Yuan).
PART III ANALYTICAL TECHNIQUES.
12 Principles and Guidelines of Sampling, Extraction and Instrumental Analysis Techniques for Measurements or Organic Pollutants in Environmental Matrices (Eddy Yongping Zeng, Zhaohui Wang and O. Samnuel Sojinu).
13 NMR Application in Environmental Research on Anthropogenic Organic Compounds (Robert L. Cook).
14 Synchrotron-Based X-Ray and FTIR Absorption Spectromicroscopies of Organic Contaminants in the Environment (John R. Lawrence and Adam. P. Hitchcock).
15 Application of Solid Phase Microextraction in Determination of Organic Compounds from Complex Environmental Matrices (Sanja Resticevic, Dajana Vuckovic and Janusz Pawliszyn).
16 Application of Biosensors for Environmental Analysis (Marinella Farre, Sandra Perez, Lina Kantiani and Damia Barcelo).
17 Analyses of Drugs and Pharmaceuticals in the Environment (Imran Ali, Hassan Y. Aboul-Enein and Klaus Kummerer).
PART IV RESTORATION OF NATURAL ENVIRONMENTS CONTAMINATED BY ORGANIC POLLUTANTS.
18. Biochemistry of Environmental Contaminant Transformation: Nonylphenolic Compounds and Hexachlorocyclohexanes
Two Case Studies (Hans-Peter E. Kohler).
19. Biodegradation of Anthropogenic Organic Compounds in Natural Environments (Jose-Luis Niqui-Arroyo, Marisa Bueno-Montes and Jose-Julio Ortega-Calvo).
20. Phytoremediation of Soils Contaminated with Organic Pollutants (Jason C. White and Lee A. Newman).
21. Bioavailability of Hydrophobic Organic Contaminants in Soils and Sediments (Wesley H. Hunter, Jay Gan and Rai S. Kookana).
22. Abiotic and Biotic Factors Affecting the Fate of Organic Pollutants in Soils and Sediments (Richard E. Meggo and Jerald L. Schnoor).