News & Info
A Feminist Reading
Availability: This is a print on demand item and it could take up to 6 weeks to be despatched.
Our Price: £34.19
, Save £1.80
0 customer(s) reviewed this product
- Book Details
Baudrillard's Challenge will be essential reading for students of feminist theory, sociology and cultural theory.
This controversial book is the first systematic feminist reading of the work of Jean Baudrillard, one of the most pivotal figures in contemporary cultural theory, and is essential reading for students of feminist theory, sociology and cultural theory. Drawing on the full range of Baudrillard's writings the author engages in a debate with:
* the work of Luce Irigaray, Judith Butler and Rosi Braidotti on identity, power and desire
* the feminist concern with 'difference' as an emancipatory construct
* writings on transgenderism and the performance of gender
* feminist concerns about the objectification of women. Through this critical engagement Grace reveals some of the limitations of some contemporary feminist theorising around gender and identity, patriarchy and power, and in so doing offers a way forward for contemporary feminist thought.
|Published in||United Kingdom|
List of Abbreviations
1. Ideologies of Meaning and Value
2. The Fictions of Identity, Power and Desire
3. Simulated 'Difference', Simulated 'Politics'
4. Hyperreal Genders
5. The Inevitable Seduction
6. Feminism and the Power Dissolution