News & Info
TOP 10 BOOKS
Greta Kirkwood Andresen
Andrew Redmond Barr
A2 Drama and Theatre Studies
The Essential Introduction for Edexcel
Our Price: £76.00
, Save £4.00
0 customer(s) reviewed this product
- Book Details
Builds on the skills developed during the AS year to provide informative guidance to Units 3 and 4 of the A2 Drama and Theatre specification. This textbook provides information on rehearsing, performing, directing and textual analysis, together with material on deconstructing a script, devising theatre and preparing for the final examination.
A2 Drama and Theatre Studies: The Essential Introduction for Edexcel builds on the skills developed during the AS year to provide clear and informative guidance to Units 3 and 4 of the specification. The textbook provides further information on rehearsing, performing, directing and textual analysis, together with new material on deconstructing a script, devising theatre and preparing for the final examination. Features of the text include:
* overviews of specification and assessment requirements
* written and practical exercises
* a glossary of useful words and terms
* in-depth analysis of the three key plays - Dr Faustus, Lysistrata and Woyzeck
* extension exercises to stretch the more able student
* worked examples to illustrate best practice
* sources for further study
* advice on study after A Level. Written by a chief examiner and a principal moderator, this book and its companion volume for AS Level offer informed and supportive exercises to ensure that students reach their maximum potential in achieving A Level success.
|Published in||United Kingdom|
List of Illustrations
Part 1: Getting Started with the A2 Year
2. Making Good Use of this Textbook
3. Theatrical Timeline
4. Two Golden Rules
5. Who Are They? Examiners and Moderators Unmasked
6. A Final Few Words Before You Get Started
Part 2: Overview of Unit 3
7. Research and Exploration
8. Development and Structure
11. The Supporting Written Evidence Document (SWED)
Part 3: Overview of Unit 4
12. The Demands of Section A
13. The Demands of Section B
14. Exploring Interpretations for Section B
The Texts for Section A and Section B
16. The Role of Director in Section A and Section B
17. Annotating the Text
18. The Demands of Section C
19. The Historical Periods
20. Theatre Evaluation
21. Deconstructing the Questions.
Appendix 1: Drama School or Drama Degree?
Appendix 2: Useful Websites.
Appendix 3: Further Reading and Suggested Viewing.
Glossary of Useful Words and Phrases.