News & Info
TOP 10 BOOKS
STUC Women's Committee
22 Things a Woman with Asperger's Syndrome Wants Her Partner to Know
Our Price: £8.99
, Save £1.00
0 customer(s) reviewed this product
- Book Details
Covers 22 common areas of confusion for someone dating a female with AS and includes advice from her own experience and from other partners in real relationships. This book is suitable for those dating, or in a relationship with, an AS female.
Rudy Simone covers 22 common areas of confusion for someone dating a female with AS and includes advice from her own experience and from other partners in real relationships. She talks with humour and honesty about the quirks and sensitivities that you may come across when getting to know your partner. All the pivotal relationship landmarks are discussed, including the first date, sex, and even having children. This entertaining and easy-to-read book will be ideal for anyone dating, or in a relationship with, an AS female. Women with AS themselves, and their families and friends, will also enjoy the book and find it useful. Counsellors and other professionals working with women with AS will find the insight offered extremely enlightening.
|Publisher||Jessica Kingsley Publishers|
|Published in||United Kingdom|
Foreword by Tony Attwood.
1. So, you want to date an Aspergirl?.
2. Try feeling this!.
3. She is not broken. You don't need to fix her.
4. No wire hangers....Ever! Why she has control issues.
5. Everyone's a critic...But She's better at it than you.
6. Break on through to the other side.
7. It might seem like her special interest is herself.
8. She only needs one friend....and the winner is, You!.
9. Don't Be Cruel To a Heart That's True.
10. Home Is Where Her Heart Is..and her body much of the time.
11. Even If You Think of Her as a Woman, She Might Not.
12. Her Name Isn't Mommy...No Matter How Much She Loves Her Child.
13. How to turn a Hotbed into a Hot Bed.
14. Why Soothing Behaviors (formerly known as stimming) are good for her...and you.
15. Jumping for Joy...or bouncing, or twirling.
16. Tongue tied but not twisted. Just because she can't verbalize her emotions, doesn't mean she doesn't have them.
17. Depression - the enemy on our borders.
18. The Mood Swings...do more than duck.
19. Trust - Abuse It and Lose It.
20. Is it Obsession or is it Love?.
21. You may find more in common as you get older.
22. Aspergers is a reason, not a label, not an excuse.